Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Need IBAN/BIC but no response from seller

Hi, I won an item from a German seller who doesn't accept PayPal, but prefers a bank transfer (as is usually the case in German listings). The invoice specifies the seller's bank and account number, only since it is an international transaction, I need the IBAN and BIC codes. I have tried to contact the seller repeatedly about this, but four days after the sale there has still been no response. I do want the item very much and don't want to risk an unpaid item strike, so I really want to effect the transaction as soon as possible. Once I have paid, it would of course take a number of days yet before the money is actually credited to the seller's German account. I found an online IBAN/BIC calculator that seems to generate formally correct codes, would it be reasonably safe to make the payment immediately based on those? I'd be grateful for any advice. TIA!

Orignal From: Need IBAN/BIC but no response from seller

No comments:

Post a Comment