Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Seeing Things In Miniature

The Miniaturists Eye

If you're into miniatures and dolls housing, don't be scared to try new things. Many items in your dolls house can be created yourself, with a cunning eye and a little imagination.

When I created my hat shop, I was at a loss on where to get several hatstands, at the right price, so I experimented. The uprights were miniature wooden candle sticks, the top part, 3/4 inch wooden candle cups. Painted up, and glued together, I had individual stylish hat-stands. that were uniquely my own.Again, when I was working on my new age scene, the crystal ball that the fortune teller reads, is a clear marble, placed on a fimo base.Tips To Start You Off1 - Always carry a tape measure. You never know when you'll see something that can be adapted for the hobby.2 - If you have a broken doll, carry that to. It's ideal for checking if something will fit the hand or foot.3 - Be prepared to experiment. They don't always work, but that's part of the fun. And when the experiments do work - the result will be unique to you.4 - If you are looking for a statue for your gallery or garden, look at resin gifts. Check the measurements - some can be used with no extra work.5 - Some keyrings have items that are 12th scale - keep an eye out for them, you might get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment